Sparks Foundation for Grassroots Empowerment (Sparks Foundation) is a registered non-profit organization with focus on women and youths development and providing sustainable solutions to endemic challenges in Nigeria.
We are working to inspire civic engagement and service to expand economic opportunities and community health and improve lives in communities across Nigeria through young people. We work to see young people take leadership roles in addressing the most urgent issues facing Nigeria, supported by their communities, civil society, government and businesses.
Vision: We envision a world where women and youths can decide their destiny.
Slogan: Inspiring change
Mission: To promote women and youths development. and sustainable solutions to endemic challenges in Nigerian communities.
Goals: We aim to achieve our mission in three goal areas:
- Civic Participation
- Economic Empowerment
- Development Programmes
- To deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges, as well as inclusive and sustainable development that encourage economic growth.
- To work with communities, civil society organizations, private sector and governments as well as form partnerships, both local and international, to deliver sustainable solutions to endemic and health challenges in Nigerian communities
- To develop Capacity of women and youths in diverse areas including but not limited to health, ICT, education, governance, technology for development, gender, instructional systems, arts and crafts, handcrafts, business management etc to encourage self-reliance, wealth and income generation
- To Implement and Deliver advocacy, awareness and education programmes in difficult locations and resource limited settings through innovative programming that focuses on building educational systems and behavioural change that are effective, efficient, and able to address the needs of diverse populations
- To provide access to resources and technology systems for development and empowerment.
Code of Ethics
- Baseline/Formative Research
- Community Health e.g. Primary Health Care, Maternal New Born Child Health (MNCH), Family Planning, Sexual & Reproductive health, Communicable/Non-Communicable Disease Prevention Control e.g. STI/HIV/ AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Breast and Cervical Cancer
- Development and Empowerment Programs e.g. Trainings, Entrepreneurship, Micro-Finance, Social Welfare
- Youth Engagement e.g. Mentoring Programs, Trade Groups, Entrepreneurship Networks
- Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
- Educational and Health Institutions
- Traditional/Religious/Community Development Associations, CDC, CBOs
- Policy Makers/Local/State/National Level
Strategies: We have adopted several strategies through which we aim to achieve our goals including:
- Behavioural Change Communication (BCC)
- Community Health
- Youth Friendly Resource Centres
- Training Peer Educators
- Health Service Provision
Our approach is bottom-up and holistic, focusing on individual behaviour change amongst young people as well as systematic change in policy and practice towards a more supportive environment for youth-led development. We deliver grassroots programmes in some of the most hard to reach and underserved areas. Leveraging the impact of volunteers, we are creating a network of young leaders, supporting them to progress in their careers and be champions of youth-led development. We also support governments and policymakers to engage young people in the decisions that affect them. In addition, we build the capacity of other organizations to work more effectively with and for young people. We also produce research and generate evidence to share our experience with the global youth sector to ensure we are serving youth in the most coordinated and impactful way possible.).